Self-supporting conveyor belts for covering and sealing application
The ultimate solution to stop material spillage
- High transversal stiffness
- Double steel breaker in the covers
- Minimum lateral supports required
- High longitudinal flexibility
- Small pulley required
- UV – ozone total protection
- Customization design
Typical application of a Sealtex belt
Sealtex is supported over lateral holders and thanks to its high transversal rigidity stays over the underlying conveyor; in this way, material spillage is avoided. Then, when necessary, it can be lifted up to allow the passage of discharge tripper or loading hoppers.
Simulation of transversal deflection at dynamometer when subjected to a specific vertical load
● The usefull span Bint between lateral holders must be enough wide to allow the passage of the underlying belt when dropping on the discharging tripper and/or in correspondence of loading hoppers.
● Width and height of lateral holders must be such as to guarantee the belt stability; be sure to grant the following rules:
Best ≤ B + 100 mm
Bint ≤ B – 300 mm
H ≥ 40 mm
To satisfy the requirement of maximum allowed transversal deflection, Sealtex are composed by a double layer of special steel cables with composition and position depending on specific structural calculations based on belt width and weight to be supported.
Sealtex belts can be realized in wear resisistant, self-extinguish or heat resistant version.